Adolescents Achieving Independence (AAI) provides out-client assistance to current or former foster care youth and young adults. Life skills development assists young people in making a successful transition from foster care or juvenile probation to independence. The program provides group and individual life skills and job development instruction and support. Additional workshops, as well as cultural and wellness programs, are held bi-monthly and aftercare is provided to participants.
- Liaison between youth and school/college
- Referrals to job training programs
- Assistance in locating permanent housing
- Weekly individual life skills counseling
- Summer educational opportunities
- Cultural and recreational events focusing on life skills development
- Ongoing life skills development groups
The Independent Living Aftercare Program assists young people in transitioning to independence after leaving foster or county care. Young people are supported in identifying themselves, understanding where they come from, discovering appropriate resources, and fostering the important permanent connections that are integral to successful adulthood.